President Trump’s economic policies
• Since President Trump was elected over 6 million jobs have been created.
• Over 500,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since the president was elected.
• The GDP for the first quarter of 2019 was 3.2% - the fastest first quarter growth in 4 years.
• Highlights of June’s jobs report: 224,000 jobs were added in June, exceeding expectations.
o 17,000 manufacturing jobs were added in June.
o The unemployment rate remains near its lowest point in almost half a century.
o Latino American unemployment rate stands at 4.3%, still near its historic low of 4.2%.
o Asian American unemployment hit an all-time low of 2.1% in June.
o African American unemployment dipped to 6%, near a record low, and below the rate under any previous administration.
o The unemployment rate for women remains near a 50 year low at 3.6%.
o Wages continue to rise – there have been 11 straight months of wage growth of 3% or higher.
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit record highs more than 80 times under President Trump, including closing higher than 27,000 points for the first time in its history.
• Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed historic tax cuts and relief for hard-working Americans. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is the first major tax reform signed in 30 years.
o As a result of the historic tax cuts, nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones were created in all 50 states, DC, and 5 territories. Opportunity Zones will spur $100 billion in private capital investment and impact nearly 35 million Americans.
o The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act increased the Child Tax Credit by 100% keeping more money in the pockets of hardworking mothers.
• Economic confidence rebounded to record highs under President Trump because his pro-growth policies have and continue to put American workers and businesses first.
• President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations at a record clip which has saved billions and unleashed massive economic growth.
o This includes rolling back the costly Obama-era “Clean Power Plan.”
President Trump is working to secure our border.
• President Trump is fulfilling his promise to build a border wall, with sizable portions already finished or under construction.
o It’s expected that 400 miles will be finished by the end of the year.
• Under President Trump, the U.S. Border Patrol has arrested hundreds of members of dangerous gangs. • The President has strongly enforced our nation’s immigration laws by cracking down on illegal immigration and taken aim at “sanctuary cities.”
• President Trump has called on Congress to close dangerous loopholes such as “Catch and Release,” end chain migration, and end the visa lottery program which enables illegal immigration.
• In May, President Trump announced a new immigration proposal that would modernize our system and secure the border.
President Trump accomplishments in foreign policy have restored our nation’s standing in the world and are standing up to bad actors.
• President Trump has negotiated better and fairer deals for the American people.
o President Trump has kept his promise to deliver a modern and rebalanced trade deal to replace NAFTA.
o President Trump withdrew the United States from the flawed Trans-Pacific Partnership.
o President Trump has forced our allies to recommit to NATO.
• The United States has successfully decimated ISIS.
• President Trump fulfilled his promise to name Jerusalem Israel’s capital city and moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
• President Trump used tariffs to rattle China’s economy and leaders for their trade cheating.
• Thanks to pressure from the United States, 50 countries followed President Trump’s leadership in recognizing Juan Guaidó as the legitimate leader of Venezuela.
• President Trump held two historic summits with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, further demonstrating the Administration’s commitment to a denuclearized Korean peninsula.
He has negotiated the release of Americans held captive and negotiated for the return of our fallen soldiers.
• President Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Iran Nuclear Agreement and instituted the toughest sanctions in history to drive the regime’s oil exports to zero.
o In June 2019, President Trump signed an executive order that authorizes expanded sanctions against Iran.
• The Administration has vigorously and quickly enforced red lines against regimes and individuals that use chemical weapons.
• The Trump Administration has imposed sanctions on Russian entities and individuals previously indicted for their roles in Russian interference in our election.
President Trump accomplishments continue to reshape the Federal judiciary at a record pace and is following through on his promise to appoint judges who will uphold the Constitution and rule of law.
• President Trump has nominated, and the Senate has confirmed a grand total of 123 Article III judges:
o 2 Supreme Court Justices – Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh.
o 41 Circuit Court judges
o 80 District Court judges
President Trump has reduced the cost of health care and taken significant steps to fight the opioid epidemic.
• President Trump has prioritized fixing our broken health care system and worked with Congress to implement a system that works for all Americans.
• The individual mandate penalty has been eliminated.
• Association health plans have been expanded.
• Short-term, limited duration insurance plans have been extended.
• President Trump is working to implement his plan to lower prescription drugs.
• Under the Trump Administration, we have seen the first ever decline of average benchmark premiums on the federal health care exchange.
• Reforms to expand Medicare Advantage options and Health Reimbursement Accounts have been expanded.
• President Trump mobilized his entire administration to address the drug addiction and opioid abuse by declaring a Nationwide Public Health Emergency. For the first time in decades, deaths from opioid have declined.
• President Trump signed the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act to fight the opioid epidemic.
• President Trump signed an executive order that increases price and quality transparency.
President Trump is protecting America and our allies by rebuilding our military and ensuring our veterans receive the care they deserve.
• President Trump has restored American military strength.
• Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed two historic National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA) which allocate almost $1.5 trillion combined to rebuild and grow our military.
• The FY2019 NDAA included a 2.6% military pay raise, the largest in 9 years.
• President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
• The President signed the V.A. Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program (VCP).
• The Trump Administration created a new White House V.A. Hotline, staffed by veterans and family members.
• Veterans Affairs increased transparency and accountability by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool.” This provides veterans a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
• President Trump signed the historic FIRST STEP Act into law on December 21, 2018.
o The FIRST STEP ACT has been widely hailed as the most meaningful criminal justice reform in a generation.
o This landmark legislation included necessary reforms to our justice system, improves our prison system, and prepares inmates for reentry in our communities.
• The Trump Administration has prioritized empowering women to pursue careers and realize their economic potential.
o President Trump directed more than $200 million per year to technology education grants for women and programs that encourage participation in STEM careers.
o President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing the National Council For The American Worker.
o Over 200 companies and associations have signed the Administration’s Pledge to America’s Workers, promising to create more than 6.5 million education, training, and skill-building opportunities over the next 5 years.
o Ivanka Trump created the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) to help 50 million women in developing countries realize their economic potential by 2025.
Sign up to hear from us about events and news. Jews Choose Trump PA welcomes members from Philadelphia County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Abington, Allentown, Bethlehem, Upper Darby, Bensalem, Lancaster, Norristown, Lower Merion Township, Upper Merion Township, Narberth, Haverford, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Wilkes Barre, York, Altoona, Reading, Bristol, Lower Providence, Upper Providence, Upper Gwynedd Township, Lansdale and Tredyffrin .